The Democratic Green Party of Rwanda is pleased to inform the general public and members of the media, that its leader, Dr.Frank Habineza, has submitted all credentials for Presidential candidacy to the National Electoral Commission, today, the 12th of June 2017.
According to the Rwandan constitution and all electoral laws and instructions, the dossier submitted include the following:
– Confirmation of Rwandan nationality
– Letter confirming single citizenship
– Birth Certificate
– Certficate of criminal record, prooving that the candidate has not been convicted for more than 6 months
– Political party confirmation, that the candidate represents the party
– Confirmation that one of the parents is a Rwandan by origin
– Act of birth proving citizenship of parents
– Certificate of Residence
– Voters Card
– Letter confirming that all documents submitted are true.
The National Electoral Commision will announce provisional candidates on 27th June and a final list will be published on 7th July. Campaigns will start on 14th July and end on 3rd August. Presidential Elections will take place on 3rd August for Rwandans in diaspora and on 4th August 2017 for Rwandans in the country.
Done at Kigali, 12th June 2017
NTEZIMANA Jean Claude