James Musoni is the longest surviving minister in Rwanda – which is no easy task in King Paul’s kingdom. Musoni has been a minister for over 10 years, and 14 years as a senior “public” servant. No one in Rwanda has survived Kagame that long.
Here is Musoni’s Bio:
* Minister of Infrastructure (2014 – present);
* Minister of Local Government (2009-2014);
* Minister of Finance and Economic Planning (2006-2009);
* Minister of Commerce, Industry, Investment Promotion, Tourism and Cooperatives (2005-2006);
* Commissioner General of Rwanda Revenue Authority (2001-2005) and
* Deputy Commissioner General of Rwanda Revenue Authority (2000-2001).
Part of the explanation for Musoni’s survival is that he is the real CEO of Crystal Ventures, Kagame’s money machine. Musoni is also the real boss of RPF, Kagame’s political machine.
But in a crony system where it is “person eat person” as we see with the fall of Eugene Gasana and Agnes Binangwaho, every crony sooner or later, falls!
Will the last man standing fall, too? Watch the drama unfold.