The number of well-known betting sites is in the dozens. It remains only to choose a portal, register and make the first deposit for the game. But it is the choice of platform that is the most difficult for a beginner. Everyone wants to have guarantees that they are not deceived with the winnings withdrawal, and in general – that the conditions are the best.
You should start your acquaintance with reading the license. All top bookies make sure to provide this legal information on their website. If you can’t find it, you need to contact support. The company’s reluctance to disclose license information is a clear sign that the case is not clean. In many countries, a legal office is required to obtain a permit from the local authorities. The activities of international sites that have not received such permission are limited in every possible way, and this must also be taken into account.
The next step is to assess the opportunities for the site user. The following factors are important:
- convenience of the interface (quality of the support service, the availability of gambling options, live broadcasts, etc.);
- gambling offers (besides a varied line with good odds, many gamblers are interested in the services of a casino or a poker room);
- availability of convenient methods of payment and winnings withdrawal;
- terms of the bonus program.
Be sure to read the reviews about the bookmaker on independent sites. If recently the name of the company is associated with some kind of trouble, they will definitely write about it more than once.
Those who prefer to play from a mobile device need to test the quality of the site in the browser of their smartphone or tablet. It is also better to clarify in advance the possibility to install the application. The app is more effective when you have to use low speed mobile Internet or pay for traffic.
Is it worth limiting yourself to one betting site?
If a person considers gambling solely as entertainment, one site will be enough. If you want to earn money by betting, you will need to have accounts on at least 3–4 sites. Professional gamblers often try to register with more than one top bookie that provides such an opportunity. Personal accounts on different platforms are needed for the following reasons:
- you can place a bet in the office that offers the most favorable odds for the event;
- many gaming strategies assume betting on different outcomes of an event that cannot be placed in one betting shop;
- you don’t depend critically on the whims of a particular bookmaker – lowering the limit or rejecting a bet due to the fact that the client is too successful.
Gambling on different sites requires corresponding costs, because a positive balance is required for each account. However, today you can replenish your account in a matter of seconds, so nothing prevents you from limiting the number of active sites, using the rest as spares.