Based on article 55 of the organic law of the Social Party Imberakuri published in official gazette No 45 on November 9, 2009, the High National Council of the Social Party Imberakuri met on February 02, 2014 then reached the following decisions:
Based on the decisions of the High National Council of the Social Party Imberakuri in its extraordinary meeting held in Kigali on September 7, 2013;
After examining the report of an advisory council on how to boost the efficiency of the High National Council; The High National Council of Social Party Imberakuri is pleased by the dedicated work of the advisory council led by Mr. NDAMIRA Jean Claude in line of their assignment.
The High National Council of Social Party Imberakuri met to review the suspension of Ms Immaculata Kansiime UWIZEYE from the Party as General Secretary. The Council has determined that there is no valid reason to continue with the suspension, and it was decided that Ms Immaculata Kansiime UWIZEYE should resume her position as the Party’s general secretary.
With regards to the issue in question, the Council has determined that past or present personal disagreement should not impede the overall functioning of Party as a whole. In General: The High National Council of Social Party Imberakuri reached following decisions:
1. The High National Council is pleased with the coalition members, especially the leadership of FCLR-Ubumwe, and it is also encouraged by the actions that have already been taken in pursuit of the overall goals for FCLR-Ubumwe.
2. The High National Council denounces the constant persecution towards the militants of the Social Party Imberakuri in particular and towards all political opponents in general as the National Police continues to threaten the high ranking leaders of the party.
3. The High National Council denounces the behavior of the judiciary that continues to drag its feet to try political prisoners
4. The High National Council terminated the advisory committee installed on September 7, 2013 that aimed to advise ways to boost party’s efficiency.
5. These decisions are effective upon approval and signed
Done in Kigali February 02, 2014
First Vice President,
Social Party Imberakuri