In its meeting held on February 12, 2014, the FDU-Inkingi’s Coordinating Committee examined the invitation from Faustin Twagiramungu, Chair of RDI-Rwanda Rwiza. It was an invitation to attend a meeting aimed at signing a declaration establishing a coalition of political parties comprising RDI-Rwanda Rwiza, PS-Imberakuri and the FDLR.
It is important to recall that on Saturday February 1, 2014, FDU-Inkingi attended a similar meeting, which was also convened by Faustin Twagiramungu. Upon reviewing the report on that first meeting, the party FDU-Inkingi wrote to Faustin Twagiramungu to let him know about its concerns about the unusual speed that still characterizes such negotiations. FDU-Inkingi also informed Twagiramungu about some important issues that must to be addressed before any attempt to establish a coalition of political parties.
Here are the issues that FDU-Inkingi included in its letter to Faustin Twaramungu following that first meeting:
• The party FDU-Inkingi is fully committed to collaborations between political parties. However, FDU-Inkingi strongly believes that such collaborations must rely on solid foundations ;
• All the people who are interested in such building such strong collaborations must first review together the analysis of all problems that have led our country and the Rwandan people into tragedies ;
• They must examine whether they may find common grounds with regard to their current differences ;
• They must examine whether they have a similar understanding of the ongoing trends and implications of foreign policies in the region and elsewhere as well ;
• They must also examine whether they have similar characteristics and views of an ideal administration for which all Rwandans are longing;
• They must examine together whether they have similar means that are aimed at bringing about that real political change around which they are eager to rally all Rwandans ;
• It is only upon examining their similarities and differences that they should come up with an ideal institution within which they should build such a collaboration.
Given the fact that all the above reasons have so far been ignored:
• The party FDU-Inkingi is withdrawing from such negociations. Therefore, it will not attend the meeting scheduled on February 15, 2014, which was convened by Faustin Twagiramungu, the Chair of RDI-Rwanda Rwiza.
• Should all of the above concerns get positively addressed and such a project get a formal approval by the upcoming FDU-Inkingi Congress, the party FDU-Inkingi might subsequently resume its participation in such negociations.
More information in our possession with regard to the untold stories about such negociations will soon be given to the public.
May God Bless You All!
Done in Lausanne, Switzerland, on February 13, 2014.
Dr. Nkiko Nsengimana