Falling in love with a fellow member of the LGBT+ community can be an amazing experience. Sadly, traveling with them isn’t always the greatest. Many countries are not very forward-thinking in terms of human rights. We’re going to help you navigate the world of traveling with your partners and how to make the most out of the situations!
What are the most LGBT friendly countries?
When seeking the best countries for LGBT individuals, it’s best to look at the places with the best track records. The experts have said there are several countries to consider including,
- United States
- …and more!
The fact is many great countries are welcoming and accepting of people in the LGBT community. Yet, there are other countries that you will have to avoid. By going to the countries listed above and doing research on any others you plan to visit, you can have a fantastic trip without worrying about your safety. That being said, it’s important to learn how to travel safely.
Tips for safe travel
There are many ways that you can stay safe while you travel with your partner. While some of these aren’t measures that any person should need to take, they will keep you safe, nonetheless.
- Limit public displays of affection. That can trigger some weak-minded people
- Make sure to let your partner and friends know where you’re going
- Know emergency call numbers and how to find local police
- Keep copies of any documents that are important like ID
- Never trust the public Wi-Fi because of hackers
- Keep an eye on your surroundings
- Don’t act like a tourist unless you’re with a group of obvious tourists
These tips should always be in the back of your mind while you’re traveling with a partner. They might take time to become second-nature, but they’ll save you from negative situations.
Best LGBT Travel Ideas
Now that we’ve gotten all the not-so-fun discussions out of the way, where are you going to take your date? We’ve compiled a list of LGBT travel ideas that you can use to plan your travels in any number of countries.
- Boston, Massachusetts: has a massive, thriving series of “gayborhoods.”
- Stonewall Inn- New York City: historic Landmark and close to a lot of attractions
- Montreal, Canada: the city has a very large, active Pride parade
- Sitges, Spain: a beautiful beach town and many nightclubs for LGBT people
Where to meet your couple for travel?
Before you can depart with someone for a great dating experience, you have to find your date! How are you supposed to meet them? Well, you can find people that like to travel in any number of forums, or you can go to a city and meet people while you’re exploring. However, the best way to meet singles that are looking for love and adventure is certainly an online dating site. Using these, members seek out partners that love to travel, fit their needs, and have the means and time to traipse across the world with you. Using https://www.lesbiandatingsites.reviews/ is easier to find place for connecting with local members of the L.G.B.T.Q. community. Also, you could find an indispensable resource for navigating local culture and historical places.
Traveling around the world can be a thrilling experience as a member of the LGBT community. While there are some precautions that you should take and some areas that you should avoid, there are many welcoming, accepting areas in the world today. Now that you have a good idea of where to go, it’s time to find the partner that is right for you. Nothing can bring you together quite as nicely as traveling with someone for the first time!