Some forms of neuropathy can be easily treated and sometimes healed. However, if the neuropathy is not curable, treatment should prevent further nerve damage and control symptoms.
CBD for anxiety, chronic pain and vomiting
According to a study on painful peripheral neuropathy, anxiety, nausea, pain, and vomiting are dangerous neuropathic symptoms. Studies show that CBD can help relieve various types of chronic pain. You can buy CBD gummies online very easily. Neuropathic pain falls into this classification, but unlike other chronic pain disorders, neuropathy is very hard to treat, according to the mechanisms of neuropathic pain.
CBD fights inflammation and muscle spasms
Neuropathy is often the result of chronic inflammation, such as diabetes, the most common cause of neuropathic pain in the United States. Neuropathy can also be caused by autoimmune diseases such as arthritis or lupus. Autoimmune diseases are associated with a higher risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular problems. CBD can inhibit inflammatory and neuropathic pain caused by autoimmune disorders. The topical application of CBD helps reduce arthritis-related pain and inflammation.
Potential Benefits for Neuropathy:
- Pain Relief: Some studies suggest that CBD might help alleviate neuropathic pain. The compound is believed to interact with the endocannabinoid system in the body, which plays a role in pain regulation.
- Anti-Inflammation: Inflammation can exacerbate neuropathic pain. CBD’s potential anti-inflammatory properties might help reduce inflammation and subsequently alleviate some neuropathic symptoms.
- Improved Sleep: Neuropathy patients often struggle with sleep due to pain and discomfort. CBD might help improve sleep quality by reducing pain and anxiety, though more research is needed in this area.
How to use CBD products
You can apply CBD oil directly to the sore skin. Some CBD oil products are for oral use, such as pills, tinctures, and gum form. Follow label directions, but remember that there are no set guidelines for using CBD oil for neuropathy.
How to Use CBD for Neuropathy:
- Choose the Right Product: CBD is available in various forms, including oils, tinctures, creams, and edibles. Depending on the affected area and personal preference, individuals can select a suitable product. For localized pain, topical CBD creams might be beneficial, while oral products may provide more generalized relief.
- Start with a Low Dose: As with any new supplement or treatment, it’s advisable to start with a low dose and monitor its effects. Over time, if necessary, the dose can be gradually increased.
- Consult a Healthcare Professional: Before starting any CBD regimen, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional. They can provide guidance on dosage and potential interactions with other medications.
CBD has shown the ability to reduce neuropathic pain in many studies. You can try vaping as well which deliver instant relaxation. Just be sure you know how to charge a vape pen
And clean it regularly. In addition, CBD can also help with other neuropathic symptoms such as anxiety, nausea and vomiting, seizures, and inflammation. As more research is done in this area, CBD could be an option for treating neuropathy in the future.