Men and women of the Rwanda Defence and Security Forces;
1. The year 2019 comes to an end, and we are about to celebrate as we usher in the New Year 2020. I wish to take this opportunity to extend, on behalf of the Government of Rwanda, my family and my own behalf; my best wishes to you and your families.
2. Indeed, I wish to express my gratitude to you, officers and men, who continue to work tirelessly with dedication and determination to defend the freedom, and stability of our people and country.
3. The nation of Rwanda appreciates the invaluable sacrifice you continue to provide as you strive to advance the causes of peace and safety at home and abroad. The distinguished service each of you provide to our Nation as you discharge your duties is not taken for granted, it is highly valued… We also acknowledge the distress you and your loved ones may be experiencing at this time of year, for those deployed away from home and families.
4. Like previous years, 2019 had its share of Defence and Security threats against the people and territory of Rwanda. The remarkable efforts deployed, individually and collectively; to find relevant, timely and efficient solutions to those challenges are never lost on anyone’s mind.
5. I am proud to convey the sincere gratitude of the people of Rwanda, whose thoughts and prayers are with you as you build on past achievements; always aiming for the highest standards of professionalism and patriotism in performing your duties.
6. At this juncture, I wish to pay tribute to our departed comrades who lost their lives while serving our nation and the world in 2019. To the families who lost their loved ones, I send my heartfelt condolences. Be assured that the people of Rwanda acknowledge your losses, as an ultimate gift to your Nation, for it to always emerge safer and stronger and better.
7. Let me end this message by urging you all to maintain and improve the professional standards and patriotic values you demonstrated in 2019. I wish you all and your families a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2020.
May God bless you all. ///